Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New IHOP for Me selections

My personal strategy with weight management is to plan ahead as much as I can, and make the best possible choice I can in a particular circumstance the rest of the time. One such situation arose this weekend when my mom, my son and I ended up at an IHOP. I was facing the extra challenge of attempting to carb down this week. So how do you carb down at an IHOP of all places???

Now, as an aside note, I need to tell you I HAD planned for the day and had some almonds, some chicken breast strips, and a few pieces of turkey bacon tucked in my purse, but was wondering how full I would feel, plus it's really tacky to go to a restaurant with your own food...




After poring over the menu conemplating defeat I turned to the back of it, and discovered an entire page with appetizing selections all under 600 calories. I ended up choosing the spinach mushroom tomato omelette, with all of 350 calories and 24 g carbs.

It was delicious AND FILLING! I can't think of the last time something with such a low calorie count left me satisfied. I can't wait to try their other IHOP for Me selections!

No comments:

Post a Comment